Review of Key To My Soul

Title: Key To My Soul

Author: Probal Mazumdar


Blurb:


"When Siddharth, a lonely young man with a failed marriage gets a sudden phone-call from a mysterious person about his lost childhood lover, Hazel and learns that she is battling for life, he is shaken to the core. He also learns that she had left certain letters for him fifteen years back that never reached him. It disturbs him so much that he rushes to the hospital in his old hometown. There he discovers an eclipsed past buried in time that is riddled with dangerous surprises, trauma, twists of fate, sacrifices that exemplify true love and the real reasons for the tragic end of their childhood love story. But will Hazel ever open her eyes to see him.."


My View :

The story is laid before the readers with such simplicity that readers without any doubt could fall for his words if he/she is ready to get involved in teenage kinds of stuff. The point on which story kicked off gained my interest. There our writer, Probal hanged crisps of suspense, and to reach to those crisps, I started this journey. To be very honest, I was not pleased with the teenage stuff. Every story in that time of life, have same aroma and same dignity. I was more interested to know how the present situation unfurled, and how the story would take a turn.




The story took a turn on such an unexpected note, that I couldn't de-attached myself from the book. I didn't expect that it would serve me something like that. And when the unexpected events started to roll down, it didn't stop. The story started to move with such enigma that it completely grabbed me in its tugs. There was nothing that I could expect in advance. I was excited with the bunch of surprises this story offered me. Enjoying every depth of the story, I found myself completely lost in the story.




What holds the climax is the second half. In the first half, the reader would be greeted with the usual stuff, but the interesting content waits for the reader in the second half. He didn't impress me with the story-line in the first half, but I must say the later part was worth my time.




I could see stints of poetic language lingering in his words. When I started reading the story, I was not sure of the story, but one thing I was sure about was I would be going to enjoy his writing style. I loved the way some facets of the story are portrayed. There was a sense of involvement and deep study of the environment which helped me to relate to the story and visualize everything that Probal had in mind. I can see potential in Probal to bring something worthy for the readers. This being his debut work gets a lot from me. I will definitely look forward to read more of his works in future.



Rating: 4/5

Reviewer: Shweta Kesari

Comments